Sunday, January 7, 2007

Master Cleanse Day 2 (cont.):

I think I'm going to work out, at least lightly. I need to move around and sweat. Also, I had another cup of Poop Tea-it's actually pretty good. And painted my nails black.

A friend sent me a link to another blogger who started the Master Cleanse but ended at Day 2. http://www.breakingthetape.com/runnersusan/

Reading her blog, or rather, the comments on her blog, was discouraging. People kept saying how crazy it sounded and why not just eat healthy and drink more water instead, and the Master Cleanse has been debunked many times anyway, etc.

I did a Google search and didn't find anything 'debunking' the Master Cleanse. Because there's nothing to debunk, really. It's not claiming to cure cancer or anything. It's just a simple detox.

The point is to take a break from food for awhile, to give your body a rest from constantly digesting solids all the time. Fasting is very common, although many Americans are so addicted to food that they think extreme hunger pains are detrimental to their health or something.

My goals with this detox are to take a break from food so I don't spend so much time, energy and money on eating, thinking about what I will eat and preparing what I will eat.

I was feeling addicted to food and I'm hoping this will help me get over it. Also, I wanted to stop taking benedryl at night and quit drinking as much. And, I figured shrinking my stomach a little but can't hurt.

I really could care less about detoxing caffeine. I don't think caffeine is an evil drug; I rather like drinking it and I will probably continue to drink green tea during this detox.

I'm more concerned about detoxing from alcohol, processed and unhealthy foods, random OTC drugs and the occasional cigarette.

2 comments:

Arwen said...

hmm I think that there's nothing wrong with it. And I like idea that it's supposed to help reduce craving for unhealthy foods. A silly combination it may be. But if that's what it takes to change a person's chemistry and mindset, I don't think there's anything wrong with it.

I could probably do it while I'm at home, but I always have lunch date with people I haven't seen in a while. Maybe I the week before school starts up again.

mdc said...

The originator of the diet, Stanley Burroughs, was brought up on second degree murder charges for claiming his lemonade could cure cancer.

http://online.ceb.com/CalCases/C3/35C3d824.htm