Sunday, January 7, 2007

Master Cleanse Day 2: Salt Water Woes

Sunday morning (Jan 7th)

I wasn't sure I'd be able to sleep last night, because I've been taking benedryl for sleeping for a loooooong time (I'm a dreadful sleeper), so I'm probably addicted to it. Another reason I'm detoxing.

But I fell asleep around 1 am and woke around 8:30. No waking in the middle of the night and staying that way for hours (I did wake once but fell back asleep right away).

It was sound, restful sleep. But I have a headache this morning! Whatever-I didn't drink anything, so what's with that?

Now I'm drinking this salt water solution: it's 32 ounces of lukewarm water with two level teaspoons of uniodized sea salt (whatever, I used Kosher salt). You are supposed to drink the entire amount. The purpose of this is to, well, here's the info from

http://www.falconblanco.com/health/cleansing/lemoncleanse.htm:
"This oral enema will flush out your entire digestive tract and colon from top to bottom, usually within an hour, prompting you to eliminate several times, clearing out the plaque and debris from the walls, and the parasites that have been living there."

The problem is, I can't drink this! It's disgusting. Salty water, yuck! I'm to the 24 ounce mark on my Nalgene right now. I wince with every swallow.

Oh-but my headache is gone. Must've been a groggy sleep headache. And I managed to finish the water, but just barely.

2 comments:

lele said...

this is day 6 for me on the master cleanse diet i did it my way i did not starve myself i ate cold pasta salad one bowl a day and 3/16 ozs of master cleanse a day and i see improvement i not very hungry i eat small portions of food and still losing weight try it if you don't believe me ,because if you starve yourself you just going to eat all that you been craving,but if you eat smaller portions of bake food or cold foods you will continue to eat like that,just don't do fried foods or bread,just eat light of what you desire and you will train your body not to over due it when you have lose the weight. trust me LeLe!

Unknown said...

Okay, so after reading everyone's comments I have officially taken the plunge and started my master cleanse today is day one and so far so good. Does anyone have any tips for me? Thanks!