Friday, January 5, 2007

Some things I'm worried about (The Night Before the Master Cleanse Cont.)

So, I am going to keep a blog of what happens each day during this cleanse. It is usually 10 days; I am going to start with eight and see how that works.

The reason I'm blogging this is because:

Number 1. If I can't eat, I'm going to talk about how much I want to be eating and how bad the cravings/hunger really are.

Number 2. Writing a blog will hold me accountable for completing the cleanse.

Number 3. In case you're thinking of doing it, you'll know what to expect.

I might put up pictures, but I'd also like to save myself from complete embarrassment. So maybe weight and measurements will do.

Anyway, here are some odd things I've heard about this diet and some items I'm mildly worried about:

1. Diet Coke withdrawal (and caffeine withdrawal in general)
Yes, we've all experienced that aching headache that seems to hurt even more when we realize it's a result of no caffeine intake! Now, I am going to find out how bad my caffeine addiction really is!

2. No beer/wine/liquor
Phooey!

3. Hot bowel movements
According to the Raw Foods website: "your body wastes are acidic and when you eliminate the most toxic ones, they actually feel anywhere from warm to burning. This experience is very infrequent, but worth mentioning because hot bowel movements after a day of heavy detox symptoms will confirm that you just eliminated significant toxins." Um, YUCK!

4. Body emanates bad smells and nausea/vomiting occur as toxins leave
Yes, it's true that toxins often bring unpleasantness with them when they exit your body. However, I've done detoxes before (with juice only) and I've not experienced bad smells or anything. Maybe just nausea from being hungry.

I think this only happens to really unhealthy people who don't exercise.

5. To exercise . . . or not
I might have to consult other blogs for this one. I would like to keep running and doing plies, lunges, squats, sit-ups, push-ups and all that jazz, but is that a good idea when you're only drinking Master Cleanse Lemonade? Hmmmmm . . .
It is January, so maybe it will be so cold I won't be able to run regardless . . .

6. Saying 'no' . . .
to the massive amount of food surrounding me every day and channeling thoughts to my brain: eat now, Amber, eat now.
Those stupid free candy machines at the office are the worst! Why is it so hard to turn down free food?

No comments: