Monday, January 8, 2007

Master Cleanse Night 2: I Suffer Sharp Hunger Pangs/Pains and Nausea as Toxins Leave My Body and I Convince Someone Else to Try the Detox

My friend Joy is going to do the detox too! We mixed the juice, drank the Poop Tea (she found a delicious chocolate-flavored version of the tea) and watched Desperate Housewives. I'm so sick of Mike and Susan.

Also, my sis, Arwen, started a blog, about mindful eating (as opposed to mindless eating): http://thesecretconfessionsofafoodaddict.blogspot.com/

I'll be honest, tonight's been rough. This morning I was worried because the salt water and Poop Tea didn't seem to be doing what they were supposed to. My entire system was coming to a halt!

Fast forward 10 hours later-uh, something's definitely happening. I have awful nausea that is usually followed by some quality time in the bathroom. And sharp hunger pangs-or is it pains? Eh, it's both.

Fast forward five minutes later: all that stuff you read about this diet sending you to the bathroom-yeah, it's true. Wow. That explains the awful nausea-it was all those nasty toxins leaving my body.

Oh, I feel so cleansed. So fresh and clean. Clean.

Anyway . . . I don't know if this nausea will continue, but I might not make it to work tomorrow . . . resting for a day sounds good.

Also, I've had a few cups of Chamomile tea-I wonder if that's ok.

5 comments:

SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

Good morning AMber! I hope you slpet through your hunger. Looking forward to hearing how it's going. You have a determination few have!
Jenny

Charlie Hobart said...

oh no! You dragged Joy into this with you? She's going to fold faster than Superman on laundry day!

Anonymous said...

Very funny Charlie! I quit as of this morning. The poop tea ruined it for me. My stomach was in pain the whole night. I'm all about detox, but I'm not about starvation. I have to eat! It keeps me sane.

Anonymous said...

correction! It's not real starvation. There are 600 calories in the mix. It just feels starving to me because I'm used to solid food and drinking little fluid. Amber, you have much more will power than me when it comes to food!

Jennyfur said...

I started the MC this morning. I'm 8.5 hours into it and i'm freaking staving. I know where the food is in my house, but I'm determined to work through this. I want to know if the pains gets any easier? I'll drink the poop tea tonight. I'm looking forward to drinking something other than spicy lemonade, even though it's poop tea.