Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Master Cleanse Day 5: Length of Detox in Question

I read some support forums regarding the Master Cleanse and now I'm conflicted about ending on Day 8. Many people said that's when the benefits start kicking in: mental clarity, energy, more weight loss.

What I might do, since I'm dying for some variety, is gradually switch to Naked Juice and V8 on Friday night and Saturday and continue with the juice for a couple days. I'll try eating on Saturday night-maybe a very small amount of tomato sauce and spinach and then continue with juice and vegetables for a couple more days. I'm not going to run out and binge on pizza, french fries and beer.

By the way, I'm at 123 pounds as of this morning. I started the diet at 127 pounds (overeating from the holidays). From what I understand, the first four pounds is weight that was all the nasty stuff in your body-not fat. Then, your weight fluctuates as you continue the detox, which is true. I weighed 125 pounds last night.

Also, with the combination of salt water (bleh!), herbal tea (I've been drinking at least 6 cups of green tea, chamomile, mint, and Good Earth), poop tea, regular water and 64 ounces of the Spicy Lemonade, my liquid intake must be around 180 ounces a day-about one and half gallons. Crazy.

No comments: